Thursday, July 26, 2012

Patriotism

There are days when this little corner of cyber-space should rightfully be called That Girl Who Scribbles. Today seems like one of those days, I was feeling rather patriotic and rather at a loss to draw a really good patriotic picture until my new drawing book arrives (yes, I'm attempting to use drawings books, I don't use them very often, but I've found a few that I actually really like), because honestly, my figure drawings stink. So, I sat and scribbled, and scribbled, and scribbled--with my little siblings' crayons, no less.



And I came up with this little horror--supposedly titled "The Saluting Soldier"--because obviously there is no way of telling what it is. But I can't wait for my new drawing book to arrive in the next few days so I can put my inspiration and patriotism to good use and get a mental image out of my head. The mental image of a young soldier saluting in front of a war memorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment